2 Corinthians 4:8 “we are afflicted in every way but not crushed….”
living for Jesus isn’t always easy. why? Paul writes in Romans 12:2 “And be not CONFORMED to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” so why do we have to stay seperate from the World you may ask? first, this World is full of darkness and is passing by and it will not be here forever, second being a friend of the World is an enmity against God. And third because of us who have died in Christ are no longer living to satisfy the flesh.
But why must we go through affliction?
first lets look at the meaning og affliction
what good comes out of affliction?
- it exhibits the love and faithfullness of God.
- made beneficial: in promoting the glory of God.
- in exhibiting the power and faithfulness of God.
- in teaching us the will of God.
- in turning us to God.
- in keeping us from again departing from God.
- in testing and exhibitng our sincerity.
- in trying our faith and obedience.
- in humbling us.
- in puryfying us.
- in exercising our patience.