We all have those moments/seasons where the hustle and bustle of life, distractions left and right, struggles that seem to get stronger, temptations here and there, But we read in 1 Corinthians 10:13 ” No temptation has overtaken man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation He will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it”.
At times we feel that there is no way out but God always makes a way. How? and why?
Remember not the former things. Nor consider the things of old, behold I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.
So the how?
Adversity is a bridge to a deeper relationship with God
- Before God can do a new thing in our life, most of the time, God has to break us. What do I mean? let’s read Luke 24
13 Now behold, two of them were traveling that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was seven miles from Jerusalem. 14 And they talked together of all these things which had happened. 15 So it was, while they conversed and reasoned, that Jesus Himself drew near and went with them. 16 But their eyes were restrained, so that they did not know Him.
- Those men were troubled, they didn’t truly understand what had happened, but we read Jesus drew near.
- Anytime that there is adversity we have two choices. We can choose to be distracted by the circumstance and loose focus of where He is at and who He is! Or we can embrace the adversity and look to Him!
28 So they drew near to the village to which they were going. He acted as if he were going farther,29 but they urged him strongly, saying, “Stay with us, for it is toward evening and the day is now far spent.” So he went in to stay with them.30 When he was at table with them, he took the bread and blessed and broke it and gave it to them.31 And their eyes were opened, and they recognized him. And he vanished from their sight.32 They said to each other, “Did not our hearts burn within us while he talked to us on the road, while he opened to us the Scriptures?”
So the why?
- It’s always in the breaking when Jesus can do the real work that He is always intending to do, but it takes our obedience which is the key to building your faith.
- The Holy Spirit revealed to me that if the men did not bid Him to come, they would not have had that personal encounter that they needed!
We are all in this walk together, a journey called faith but He is drawing Himself near to you and all He is asking is that you would bid Him to come closer. Give Him that issue and trust Him completely.