Ephesians 6:12 & 13
What is the facts of spiritual warfare?
Paul tells us in Ephesians 6:12 “For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.”
In the book of Romans 8:38 tells us that principalities cannot keep us from God’s love. Therefore, there is a limit to their power.
Colossians 2:15 tells us that Jesus disarmed principalities and powers at the cross. Our victory is rooted in what Jesus did, not in what we do. It’s not that there is no doing on our part but our doing is the application of what Jesus did.
Many Christians put their efforts in the direction that we do fight with flesh and blood “For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds.” – 2 Corinthians 10:3,4
It all starts in the head
- All spiritual attacks start in the mind, that’s where Satan loves to play around in; to make us believe an argument. That’s how strongholds are born is by believing an argument.
Put on Christ!
“Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God. That you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all to stand.”
Despite the attacks and the intimidation from the enemy we are to stand on God’s Word and not move.
- Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved. Psalm 55:22
- Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7
“We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.” – 1 Cor 4:8,9
No matter how tough the temptation becomes God allows a way of escape. His grace is sufficient in your weakness. Just stand.
God gives us a glorious standing to maintain by faith and spiritual warfare:
-We stand in Grace
– We stand in the gospel
– We stand in courage and strength
– we stand in faith
– we stand in unity
– we stand in the Lord
– We should stand perfect and complete in the will of God
All in all, there is a lot indicated by that word, stand.
- It means that we are going to be attacked
- It means that we must not be frightened
- It means that we must not droop or slouch, nor be uncertain or half hearted In the fight.
- It means that we are at our position and alert.
- It means that we do not give even a thought to retreat.
To stand in the Grace of God is a beautiful thing to do.
There is no power, no dominion that Satan can have over God’s children, Satan can’t cross the blood line. You are His. But the enemy can create wedges between you and God even though you don’t see them or realize it.
Ask God if there is anything hindering you from getting closer to Him. I ask God this prayer everyday. I challenge you to pray that prayer!